Nurse-Family Partnership is a program specifically for first-time mothers where a nurse will provide biweekly home visits until your child is 2 years of age to provide a strong network of support.
The Public Health Division works to promote and protect the health of all residents in St. Louis County. Our work is done by assessing the health and environments of individuals and communities, implementing educational programs, conducting research, and recommending policies that promote health.
Public health professionals work in a variety of programs, services, and initiatives to:
- Prevent the spread of disease
- Support community-based systems that promote health
- Protect against environmental hazards
- Promote and encourage healthy behaviors
- Plan and respond to health emergencies
- Ensure the quality and accessibility of health services
If you or others should be in a life threatening situation or need immediate help, call 911 or use your local emergency phone number.